The proposed position is based in R&D, Biologics Development and is to provide advanced analytics and system modeling support across multiple functions of Cell Culture Development, Purification development, and BioProcess Engineering. As a strong technical expert, you will work with project teams to support development activities such as process design, optimization and process control. You will also provide support for advanced analytics of larger historical datasets combining process and analytical data to drive novel insight on small and large scale process development activities.
With a formal training as a process engineer, you will have demonstrated skillset in mechanistic modeling – thermodynamic, kinetics, equipment characterization. You will also have developed skills in broader fields of data science including multivariate analysis, machine learning to analyze process / raw materials data generating predictive models to enhance process understanding.
Domain knowledge in Biologics is important and experience in either upstream or downstream process development or manufacturing is necessary.
This is an exciting opportunity to demonstrate the benefits of system modeling and data science in a cutting edge scientific department developing the next generation of Sanofi medicines that will improve the quality of life for patients across the world.
- Master's Degree in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in industry or academia
- Proven track record developing system models and process simulations
- Demonstrated application of Machine Learning methodologies
- Domain knowledge in Biologics with direct experience in either upstream or downstream process development or manufacturing
- Some programming knowledge in e.g. Matlab, Python, R or similar
- An ability to work as part of a team, engaging other scientists with complementary skill sets in the field of Biopharmaceutics
- A change agent mentality, proposing novel approach to challenging scientific questions
- PhD applied to the field of Biochemical/chemical engineering
- Knowledge in Multivariate Analysis
- Experience in Advanced Process Control and automation
Beyond technical skills you will also have a solid track record in project management with an ability to communicate with transparency with your peers and with senior stakeholders. This cross functional role will require intellectual agility to work across site/function boundaries in Biologics Development.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Apply on company website