The benefits you receive when working with Savage:
- A culture that appreciates Team Members
- Competitive compensation
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Opportunity for growth
The Able Bodied Seaman assist with the operation of deck and cargo machinery and perform the duties of helmsman, lookout when at sea, and duties relating to navigational watchstanding assigned by the OICNW. When transferring cargo, the Able Bodied Seaman assists the Deck Officer on watch with cargo watch.
The Able Bodied Seaman reports directly to the Deck Officer on watch for cargo, maintenance, and safety related duties, and the OICNW for navigational duties.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Assists as directed with the inspection, testing and maintenance of deck and cargo machinery, deck and cargo systems, firefighting, lifesaving and safety equipment onboard.
- Participates in training drills and exercises as per the Station Bill.
- Performs duties as directed by the Master and Deck Officers safely and efficiently.
- Implements SMM Policies, Procedures & applicable requirements onboard as related to the position.
- Assist the Mate with the inspection, testing and maintenance of deck and cargo machinery and systems as well as all firefighting, lifesaving and safety equipment onboard.
- Accurately report and record maintenance related activities as requested by an Officer.
- USCG MMC
- Tankerman Assistant endorsement (LG)
- All Required STCW endorsements for an AT/B capable of foreign voyages
- Must have a valid TWIC card and Passport
- Other certificates and endorsements as deemed required for the operation and by Savage Marine
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Proven and effective manager and leader
Education/Experience: Enter bullet format of specific education and experience that is required.
- High School diploma
- Maritime Academy graduate preferred
- ABS Nautical Systems NS5 experience preferred
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran's Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice https://www.savageservices.com/careers/california-residents-job-applicant-privacy-notice/
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website