Savage is seeking a Lead Operator who will be a key member of the operation at the Limetree Bay Refinery located in St Croix, USVI. Savage will provide operating and maintenance services at the Delayed Coker Unit (DCU), the Petcoke Handling System (CHS), Sulfur Prilling System, and Sulfur Handling System (SYS). Services provided include the following: coke cutting, 45-ton clamshell bridge crane operations, feeder breaker operations, conveyor and circular stacker/reclaimer operations, bulk shiploader operations, truck loading, facility/system maintenance.
Including but not limited to the following:
- Lead a team of five to safely perform coke cutting, bridge crane operating, conveyor operating, circular reclaimer operating, stockpiling, and shiploading.
- Lead a team of three to safely perform wet sulfur prilling, conveyor operating, heavy equipment operating, stockpiling, and shiploading.
- Act as a Person In Charge (PIC) during bulk vessel loading activities.
- Understand and abide by all industrial safety rules of a refinery
- Lead safety audits and inspections on a routine basis
- Regular computer work including; drafting and sending reports, utilization of Microsoft Office products, SAP, CMMS, and other data entry software.
- Maintain an excellent relationship with the customer and attend routine meetings
- Continuously demonstrates leadership competencies and professionalism through all interactions with employees and customers
- Maintain good relations and open communication with coworkers and management via radio and other means
- Provide coaching and discipline as needed with your team
- Continuously improve your own skills and always look for better ways to improve processes and business activities
- Work safely and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Expand personal knowledge of best industry practices and leadership
- Understand company service requirements and see they are met
- Take an active role in the safety program including; conducting safety meetings, preparing safety topics, assisting with accident investigations, behavior observations, hazard analysis, and an overall drive to improve safety across the operation
- Must be willing to perform any other special tasks assigned by management
Ideal candidate will possess the following skills/qualities:
- Able to work with little supervision and motivate others to perform duties for greatest efficiency in a team environment
- Comfortable with an "Open Door Policy" to build strong working relationships with employees and ability to clearly communicate with all levels of co-workers and customers
- Effectively use Microsoft Office, SAP, CMMS
- Experience with automated bulk handling equipment control; Siemens, Allen Bradley, etc.
- Excellent time management including scheduling
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English. English level equal or higher than C1 according to CEFR
- Supervision of multiple employees in a time sensitive environment
- Coaching and discipline to facilitate and optimize service requirements in a team environment
- Operations and maintenance of bulk handling facility and mobile equipment preferably of petroleum coke and solid Sulphur products.
- Loading of solid bulk marine vessels, communication with marketing agents and port authorities
- Accurate and strict documentation
- Understanding of predictive, preventive, and corrective maintenance of facility and heavy mobile equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical College/Bachelor's Degree is a plus
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a supervisory role handling bulk materials
- Must understand the oil refining process and culture that comes with it
- Must be familiar with industrial safety practices
- Must meet refinery standards for entering the plant, i.e. clean criminal history, ability to pass a hair-follicle drug screen, currently possess a Current Driver's License and TWIC card at the time of applying
- Ability to lead a team while driving for performance
- Required to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Willingness to improve the operation and your leadership skills
- Must be willing to work a rotating call out schedule
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs frequently
- Ascend and descend ladders
- Ability to walk long distances
- Not have a fear of heights
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran's Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
Apply on company website