At Savage, we pride ourselves on providing Team Members with a focus on safety not typically seen in other companies. You will enjoy working in a 5S environment that is safe to work and free of clutter, while receiving top-notch safety training and procedures to ensure that everyone makes it home every night to their loved ones. Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right...it's the Savage way.
Savage, an established supply chain solutions provider, is seeking an experienced Health & Safety Manager to promote our safety culture. Our H&S Manager will provide strategic direction and execution of the safety and health plan at Savage's rail and transloading operation located in Delaware City, DE.
Travel Requirements: A majority of the time (70-80%) will be spent supporting the Delaware City Refinery (DCR). Periodically, travel will be involved to other local operations. 10% overnight travel required.
What you'll be doing:
- Assist with S7 development and quarterly operational self-assessments with focused efforts in the areas of Team, SH&E, Planning and Productivity, and Professionalism.
- Professional collaboration with Operations Managers, customers, vendors, and H&S peers, and others with a vested interest on all safety related issues.
- Monitor and trend safety statistics in the operation and advise and implement corrective actions that lead to zero injuries and liabilities.
- Establish a proactive H&S process towards hazard identification and incident prevention.
- Knowledgeable and proficient with regulatory (PSM, FRA, OSHA, DOT) compliance requirements.
- Obtain and manage all required permits (operating, environmental) needed to operate.
- Lead post incident investigations and work with managers to develop effective, sustainable corrective actions to eliminate repeat incidents.
- Serve as Incident Commander during emergencies; available 24/7 for such emergencies.
- Participate in various S&H-related councils and committees within Savage and have a strong presence on the Customer's contractor safety council, attending meetings and completing field audits on a weekly/monthly basis.
What you need to be successful:
- In-depth knowledge in the transportation and storage of petroleum products and other hazardous chemicals; emphasis on handling (loading/unloading) LPG, crude oil, and other hydrocarbons.
- Basic understanding of DOT requirements for commercial motor vehicle drivers to include the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requirements.
- Comfortable working in an industrial/refinery environment and the hazards that accompany it: exposure to all weather elements, climbing on top of and underneath rail cars, inspecting conveyor systems several stories high, lifting 40+ lbs, walking long distances on uneven ground.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certificate is preferred. Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Graduate Safety Professional (GSP) is required at a minimum.
- BA/BS required in a safety, health, environmental, or other technical area.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with H&S responsibilities over rail equipment and movements (transloading, switching, spotting cars at loading racks)
- Minimum of 3 years as a safety professional in a refinery, oil and gas or other industrial environment
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website