Savage Services Corporation, an established materials management company, is seeking a Diesel Mechanic who will have responsibilities in the preventative maintenance program and performance of minor/major repairs for all Mack tractor/trailer rigs within our Detroit, MI operation, where we transport petroleum coke from Marathon refinery to end customer locations.
- Heavy and minor repairs on Mack Trucks and end-dump trailers (Travis Brand Singles/East Brand Michigan Doubles) including springs, wiring, changing tires, brake systems, batteries, lights and alternators
- Service trucks and preventative maintenance: fuel, grease, change oil and all fluids
- Maintain shop cleanliness and parts inventory
- Perform diagnostics on trucks to determine if it can be repaired on site or is a Mack Warranty issue
- 2+ years of Diesel Mechanic Experience: Mack trucks, and end-dump trailers
- CDL a plus but not required
- Have a vested interest in operational safety
- Be able to read, write and understand English
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Familiar with record keeping as it pertains to maintenance
- Should have some supervisory skills
- Must be able to work without supervision
- Tech School a plus
- High School Diploma or greater
- Must understand the oil refining process and culture that comes with it
- Ability to work outside in any condition
Qualified candidates for the Diesel Mechanic position must be able to pass an extensive background check, Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Physical. Full time position with a competitive benefits package.
Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plan, profit sharing, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
Apply on company website