This position is part of an operations team that ensures that the facility is operating in a safe and efficient manner. This position will provide assistance in the area of truck load out, petrolium coke sampling, mobile equipment, and facility clean up, and assist with maintenance and repairs as necessary. Provide leadership to drivers and pull loads as needed. This position is for night shift and works 12 hours shifts 4 days on/4 days off
This position is full time position to cover 24/7 operations working bi-weekly rotating day and night shifts, with flexibility for schedule changes due to customer and facility requirements. Must be willing to work overtime as workload dictates, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Must be able to:
- Operate heavy equipment safely and efficiently during the handling of customer products in an industrial environment
- Safely operate bridge crane, excavator, front end loader, skid steer and various other heavy/light equipment
- Assist with worksite tasks “outside of operating equipment” including conveying systems, truck loadout and terminal equipment
- Assist with worksite tasks “outside of operating heavy equipment” including but not limited to, hand labor, equipment and system maintenance and general worksite clean-up
- Duties include the use of wash down equipment to wash down areas around and under conveyor systems, catwalks and other work areas in the facility to maintain a clean and safe environment
- Heavy equipment operator duties include pre/post system checks, routine system service and equipment inspections
- Duties include monitoring and maintaining inventory levels on laydown storage area and in silos
- Must be qualified to safely operate “light equipment,” such as a street sweeper, water truck and skid steer
- Basic mechanical skills
- Must currently possess or be eligible to obtain a TWIC
Industry Background Preferred:
- 3-5 years' experience in industrial and/or plant operations preferred
- Petroleum Coke Handling experience preferred
- Equipment Operation
- Knowlage with conveyor systems a plus
- Read, write and comprehend English
- Must have strong mechanical skills, experience working with your hands
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen and background check
- Personal Protective Equipment must be worn at all times
- Be able to walk several miles per day
- Be able to lift 65 lbs without assistance
- Be able to climb/stoop/crawl
- Be able to work on elevated surfaces
With more than 70 years' experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
Apply on company website