Job Category: Quality Job Family: Enterprise Quality and Food Safety Job Description:
This is an intermediate position within the Home Office Laboratory that supports global operations and leads organizational laboratory excellence. This position will support programs and initiatives through the training, calibration, validation, and troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation, onboarding of new analytical methods, and optimization of existing laboratory methods while ensuring accurate, precise, and defensible data.
What you'll do:
- Serve as subject matter expert and technical resource on lab systems, test methods, and key analytical instrumentation.
- Participates in new or existing equipment and instrument assessments and qualification, as appropriate.
- Assists in setting up and performing method development, optimization, and validation of various analyses in a variety of matrices.
- Independently able to perform basic troubleshooting of laboratory equipment and software, while learning to perform routine and non-routine maintenance procedures.
- Supports LIMS design, configuration, maintenance, change management, and training of system.
- Uses expertise to train and mentor laboratory partners and assists with field laboratory training needs.
- Participates in rotating on-call schedule to troubleshoot instrument issues as needed at production facilities.
- Lead, support, and execute cross functional projects and programs.
- Uses Lean/Six Sigma principles and project management tools.
- Supports and maintains Analytical Services programs.
- Analytical Proficiency
- NIR / FTIR
- Initiates, drives and implements continuous improvement initiatives.
- Perform analytical testing and data analysis with proficiency while adhering to good laboratory practices.
- Independently organizes and conducts testing in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and guidelines.
- Support laboratory data management activities; review, interpret, and ensure data quality. Prepare reports and documentation as required while meeting timelines and customer needs.
- Support laboratory investigations for customer complaints and Out of Specification results.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment while adhering to facility and laboratory health and safety policy and procedures.
- Maintain a high degree of technical competence.
- Attend professional workshops and industry training as needed to stay relevant with food and associated industries regulations, issues, and trends.
- Familiar with various quality and standards organizations such as SQF, ASQ, ISO, AOAC, USP, SMDP, IDF.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry (preferred), but will consider other natural sciences with commensurate experience (biology, physics, etc.)
- 3+ years' experience in an industrial lab, preferably in food industry. Experience with hands on analytical instrument operation and troubleshooting experience in spectroscopy or chromatography (IR, HPLC, GC, ICP, AAS).
- Ability to work independently and within team environments, self-motivated, and adaptable.
- Communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Experience with a variety of analytical techniques, including method development and validation.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills.
- Have a high attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with statistical tools (SPC, Gage Studies, DOE) and software (Minitab), Green Belt Certification preferred.
- Must be able to travel, work flexible hours including weekends, as required to meet customer needs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company's success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
Exciting opportunities. New challenges every day. A chance to make a difference -- and work with great people. That's life at Schreiber Foods.
Take the next step in your career by applying your knowledge and skills at Schreiber... where you'll experience more opportunities, more rewards, more teamwork and be an essential ingredient in the company's success.
To learn more about Schreiber Foods, please visit our website at www.schreiberfoods.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Want to be alerted of new openings? Sign in and click the cloud in the upper-right corner to view your profile. From there you can setup Job Alerts.
Apply on company website