Operate, monitor, maintain, and repair all Life Support Systems and pool filtration equipment throughout the park.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to obtain a SEA driver's license.
- Ability to obtain Certified Pool Operator Aquatic Facility Operator or Aquatic Animal Life Support Operator certification as appropriate preferred.
- Under supervision make adjustments and additions to maintain water balance in accordance with corporate and local regulating authority requirements
- Operate, troubleshoot, maintain and repair various types of pumps and related equipment
- When provided materials, parts, and equipment needed, complete jobs without supervision.
- Demonstrate use and care of all basic hand tools (i.e. pipe, wrench, screw driver, etc.)
- Able to source information from manuals, plans, and as-built drawings.
- Able to frequently lift, push, and pull a minimum of 80 pounds
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills in the English language.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must be able to complete tasks assigned within time constraints implied by park guidelines.
- Must be able to work independently and have flexibility to work successfully in a team environment when needed.
- Provide excellent service to guests and ambassadors.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and work for prolonged periods of time in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to include weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations
- Must be willing to comply with and ensure ambassadors comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all tasks related to the operation, maintenance and repair of the water filtration systems equipment with supervision and assistance from qualified personnel
- Perform filter, pump, valve, and piping maintenance and repairs with assistance from qualified personnel
- Assist with operation of chilled water system and boiler equipment to maintain pool temperatures and manage electric load
- Recognize and differentiate between normal operation and fault conditions, notifying appropriate qualified personnel for action/corrective action
- Perform proper water chemistry testing, with assistance, understand the results as it pertains to all systems; take appropriate actions as necessary
- Maintain record of activities performed during shift; log activities as required, complete and submit required work order documentation
- Develop a professional approach to one's own career and function as a ambassador showing consideration, tolerance, cooperation, reliability and the ability to accept criticism
- Perform and assist with general maintenance of park facilities as required
- Diligently comply with all department and corporate safety guidelines and procedures, promotes and enforces compliance by all employees and contractors.
Opportunity available for higher skilled position with relevant work experience.
Apply on company website