To provide basic support to Zoological team as it relates to maintaining animal habitats; food preparation and basic husbandry tasks. Husbandry Assistants also provide support for shows, presentations, and interaction programs.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to pass SeaWorld pre-employment swim test.
- Prior experience working with animals preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to obtain a SEA driver's license.
- Must have a working knowledge of the English language with strong verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and work for prolonged periods of time in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to include weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Must be willing to comply with and ensure ambassadors comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform supporting roles and/or operational support during shows/presentations. Role would not involve direct contact with animals unless in Aquatica or in an emergency situation with direct support of a leadership member.
- Perform daily husbandry tasks including administration of vitamins and medications as directed, food preparation, maintaining a safe and sanitary working area for all animal living habitats.
- Assist guests and trainers or zoological staff in preparation for interaction programs and education for of guests.
- Make daily animal observations and report any concerns to leadership staff.
- Ability to learn and operate MPR registers, book interactions in Global Reservation system. Depending on venue placement.
Apply on company website