Location: Oxnard, CA
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Recruitment Agency, Staffing, Job Board
Process Technician Needed for busy Cosmetics Manufacturing company in Oxnard.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two years of experience performing similar work.
- Experience using equipment of an electronic, hydraulic, mechanical and pneumatic nature.
- Understanding of machines and tools, including their uses and maintenance. Ability to either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
- Ability to conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality and performance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to comprehend complex work instructions.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with other departments.
- Ability to work within a team environment and demonstrate professional behavior.
- Ability to work under limited supervision, to self-initiate activities and to work within time limits.
• Weekly Electronic Pay
• Free Online Educational Courses
• Medical Benefits Available
- Understands and follows processes and specifications to properly operate Presses.
- Ability to optimize machine set-up and control Pressed Powder quality parameters such as a) product height b) product fill-weight c) product pay-out d) product drop-testing and e) product transit testing.
- Ability to recognize and correct machine cycle time muda (waste) in terms of travel time and/or dwell time.
- Ability to perform basic machine preventative maintenance.
- Ability to effectively trains others in Press setups, startups, and troubleshooting.
- Ensures conformance to product specifications using spec sheets.
- Works closely with the RCI and Quality teams to resolve non-conforming and defective occurrences.
- Identifies the root cause of pressing problems and implements appropriate solutions.
- Observes machine parameters during runs to verify consistency of pressure, press-cycle times, etc.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
Apply on company website