Location: Richmond, CA
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Recruitment Agency, Staffing, Job Board
Email me to apply later
- Responsible for staff training.
- Is trained to safely and properly place received shipments into proper storage locations.
- Completes receiving paperwork and documentation.
- Monitors assigned workflow and working hours, with special emphasis on productivity and reduction of overtime hours.
- Assigns large orders for pulling and scheduling for shipment.
- Assigns personnel to assist in the restocking of each section when necessary.
- Trains and guides crew in pulling orders for shipment.
- Responsible for general cleanup of warehouse; includes sweeping warehouse floors, cleaning restrooms, and mopping spilled and/or broken products off warehouse floor.
- Performs safety check for possible hazards of leaning pallets, exit doors being blocked, etc.
- Rotates older stock within a location prior to placing new arrived stock into location.
- Selects and pulls a large variety of cases and bottles for shipment to a single customer, making sure the vintage is correct, etc.
- Ensures product is labeled properly for shipment and loaded in order onto the correct trailers/trucks. · Checks shipments to ensure that the correct product and quantity is being loaded.
- Manually loads product into company delivery trucks.
- Ensures safe work practices are being followed, including ensuring Warehouse personnel participate in stretching exercises.
- Accounts for broken product or equipment, including proper cleanup and disposal.
- Reports personnel issues to Warehouse Manager for follow up.
- Sorts pallets and empty beer kegs.
- Checks and receives inbound product and unloads shipments utilizing proper equipment.
- Checks in all driver returns and delivery invoices, and restocks customer returns in proper locations of the warehouse.
Pay is $18-$22, depending on experience
- Elementary education is required.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Basic math skills, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays if required.
- Ability to operate forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, and reach trucks to retrieve product from various warehouse locations, depending on the position.
- Must be sufficiently familiar with various distribution processes in order to accomplish tasks according to deliver schedules and in a timely manner.
- Must be multi-task–oriented, with ability to prioritize workload.
- Frequent walking, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing is required.
- Lifting of 50 pounds or more repetitively throughout work hours.
- Occasional handling of will-calls: Receiving product from warehouse and delivering the product to customer(s).
- Loading and unloading products into bobtail truck.
- Placing cases of wine in the trunk of a car – removing each case from the trunk of a car and delivering the product to customer(s)
- Utilizing warehouse equipment such as, forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, reach trucks, hand trucks, and dollies.
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides support and comfort for driving, bending, stooping, and climbing.
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Apply on company website