We are looking for a person that is passionate about seniors and enjoys having the responsibility of planning and executing fun activities! This is a part time position with specific days and hours. Tuesday ( 9am-5pm) Wednesday (11am-7pm) Thursday (11am-7pm) Friday (9am-5pm) and Saturday (9am-5pm). This is a unique and fun position in a wonderful Senior Star community!
At Senior Star the Program and Activity Assistant uses their role and the tasks it requires to provide legendary service to our residents, guest and their fellow associates. The Program and Activity Assistant strives to create purposeful moments of connection with their residents, guest and their fellow associates.
Senior Star is a Great Place to Work!
The Activity Assistant at Senior Star has a huge impact on the lives of the residents and on the overall culture of the community. The Activity Assistant is an invaluable part of the Senior Star family! Below is a picture of the impact a Activity Assistant has at Senior Star. This is what being a difference maker looks like!
- Strong desire to improve the lives of seniors.
- Coordinates programs and activities that motivate and involve residents in a healthy lifestyle in accordance with the Senior Star Wellness Philosophy.
- Tracks, reports, and meets benchmark standards for the programs department.
- Maintains social media as directed by providing photos of events and information to support corporate marketing campaigns.
- Oversees computer labs and computer classes.
- Contributes to meeting community occupancy goals by assisting with sales and marketing process.
- Creates and promotes monthly activity calendars and newsletter for each community.
- Provides supplies and opportunities to support residents in meaningful activities.
- Decorates the community for holidays, activities, and events; shopping for supplies and decorations as necessary.
- Responsible for assisting leasing and marketing by scheduling open houses and special events to increase awareness in the community.
- Provides wellness support of residents by developing supportive relationships with residents and their families and assists with resident transition and acclimation programs.
- Coordinates the transportation schedule and drives a company vehicle when necessary.
- Assists in the preparation and adherence to the transportation budget.
- Assists in maintaining a Resident Ambassador program to assist with leasing and marketing efforts.
- Encourages and maintains resident and outside volunteer programs in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- Participates in all community daily, weekly, and monthly meetings as requested.
- Collaborates and coordinates with other operating units as needed.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Education or training in aging or related fields preferred, not required.
- Good driving record required.
- First Aid and CPR training required.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent certification.
- Intermediate Excel, Word, Publisher, and Outlook required.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications required.
- Highly developed organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and attention to detail.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with residents and staff.
- Strong public relations and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team or individually.
Senior Star Culture
We are a company driven by our relentless pursuit of excellence and top performance. At Senior Star, we understand that we have a tremendous responsibility to fulfill Our Vision: A World of Difference Makers. We are committed to helping you realize the power you have to make a difference. Whether it is a process you are involved in, a person you want to serve, or a cause you care about, you can make a difference.
We are guided by our mission, which is narrowed down to two simple actions, Unite & Serve. Our Mission: UNITE as exceptional stewards for seniors and those who love them & SERVE as thoughtful spokespeople for senior living. Being part of the Senior Star family means you are committed to being exceptional stewards and thoughtful spokespeople. We are looking to attract and retain a diverse group of associates, who are united by standards of excellence and thoughtful in how they act, think, and communicate in life, especially regarding those we serve. Everyone who has high aspirations, who believes in doing good for each person with whom they come into contact, and who is committed to making a difference in the world will thrive as Senior Star continues to grow!
What makes us unique is that we believe our associates are our greatest asset, and we strive to create a best-in-class experience for all stakeholders by creating opportunities for associates to thrive. With this approach, we are a more creative, flexible, stimulating, collaborative, purposeful, and successful organization.
We as Senior Star associates commit to a heartfelt promise to one another. Our Promise: Do for each other with love. Our Promise is Senior Star's commitment to taking ownership in how we relate to and interact with one another, associate to associate. It's about empathy. It's about respect. It's ultimately a compassionate “love” thing, and we are not afraid to own that word within our company. Our promise starts with each other and then extends to everyone we serve... Will you commit to our promise?
We believe in Diversity & Inclusion: Senior Star is a company in which we respect associates and celebrate the talents each unique human embodies. Life is enhanced when people of differing backgrounds, ages, genders, sexual orientations, and ethnicities work in harmony towards a shared vision.
Apply on company website