MENTOR Maryland, a member of the Sevita family, provides services for Behavioral Health Services, Therapeutic Foster Care, Medically Fragile Foster Care and Independent Living Services.
Family Centered Specialist
Looking for rewarding work in an organization dedicated to making a positive impact in the lives of others? Bring your commitment and interpersonal skills to a team-based workplace that puts people first.
- Provide assessments of individuals served in the areas of mental status, personality, behavioral response patterns, relationships, and family interactions.
- Propose a service or treatment plan based on assessment of individual's needs and make practical suggestions for change.
- Provide activity and participation-based interventions and approaches developed from training materials, experience, families' successes, and peers.
- Provide 24/7 coverage for all assigned individuals/families.
- Provide a closure and aftercare plan for each family/individual served.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with personnel from referring/collateral agencies, guiding families in their interaction with such agencies and other community organizations as needed; provide referrals to services and resources on behalf of families.
- Assure that documentation and records are kept confidential, organized, and complete; submit such documentation to supervisor in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participate in team meetings with peers and in collateral team meeting when needed. Support peer development by addressing areas of concern for professional development and team performance issues.
- May provide training or field supervision of new or tenured peers; may review and edit peer records and documentation, marketing and education presentations, and training and development for the region or team meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Two years of related field experience.
- Specialized training required.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid time off and holiday pay.
- Complex work adding value to the organization's mission alongside a great team of co-workers.
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website