MENTOR, a member of the Sevita family, is a community-based, behavioral health care organization offering a continuum of services including adult behavioral health, substance abuse counseling, children's behavioral health, autism services, and early childhood services.
$3000 New Hire Bonus - FT / $1500 New Hire Bonus - PT
Do you have experience in behavioral therapy and want to work for a company that actively improves the lives of the individuals it serves? In the Behavior Technician role, you will be responsible for ensuring behavior management programs are consistently implemented for people served.
- Establish and maintain a therapeutic relationship by building rapport with the person served.
- Follow the treatment plan goals and interventions utilizing sound judgment and seeks out appropriate consultation.
- Collaborate with the family and treatment team members to provide behavior management techniques effectively and without disruption to the environment or other individuals.
- Educate parents/guardians on reinforcement and intervention information when requested.
- Promote safe and socially acceptable replacement behaviors in order to build a repertoire of communication, social interaction, and problem-solving skills
- Review progress of people served objectively using behavior analytic methods, identify solutions to barriers, and make recommendations to the supervisor and behavior analyst when needed.
- Accurately collect behavior data including: A-B-C, count, frequency, duration, latency, inter-response time, event, and interval-based recording as needed
- Ensure all documentation, both staff and person served related is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complete incident reports as required by agency policy and procedure.
- Review daily updates for person served such as new programs, access level changes, scheduled sessions, etc., implement programs and train staff on implementation.
- Ensure proper implementation and retraining as needed by routinely communicating with staff.
- Schedule and prepare for leisure activities to keep persons served engaged and active when therapy sessions are not taking place.
- Attend clinical meetings as assigned such as access review meetings, clinical team meetings, progress conferences, etc.
- Responsible for providing up-to-date residential status of participants and identifying problem areas affecting the participant. Follow through with solutions based upon clinical team recommendations.
- High School Diploma, Associate's, or Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with youth, families, individuals with developmental disabilities is required
- RBT Credential preferred
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to establish trust and rapport quickly
- A good listener with an ability to empathize while still providing guidance
Why Join Us?
- Full Time and Part Time hours available
- Full compensation/benefits package after 30 hrs/week
- Free Supervision towards BCBA hours
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Complex work adding value to the organization's mission alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website