Arizona MENTOR,a member of the Sevita family, provides services for adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental illness and other complex needs.
THRIVE AS A CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT AT SEVITA.
Our Nurse Supported/Medical Group Homes provide community-based services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities as well as round the clock care and medical assistance. As a Certified Nursing Assistant you will assist with patient care routines and help patients perform daily activities under the supervision of a registered nurse.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing great patient care.
- Answering patient calls and determining how best to help them.
- Providing physical support for patients or residents with daily activities and personal hygiene, including bathing, dressing, getting out of bed, - using the toilet, walking, standing, or exercising.
- Turning and repositioning bedridden patients.
- Ensuring patients or residents receive appropriate diet by reviewing their dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences.
- Obtaining a wide range of information from physicians, caregivers, and nurses about patient conditions, treatment plans, and suggested activities.
- Measuring and recording food and liquid intake and urinary and fecal output and reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.
- Recording vital signs, including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration rate as requested by staff.
- Examining patients to detect issues requiring medical care, including open wounds, bruises, or blood in the urine.
- Reminding patients to take medications and nutritional supplements.
- Noting observations of patient behavior, including complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
- Assisting with operation of Hoyer and Van lifts.
- Assistance with transportation and support out in the community (shuttle van).
EVERY PERSON DESERVES A FULFILLING CAREER
- Competitive Pay: Pay on Demand, Full benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week, including a 401(k) with a 3% company match
- Time Off: Paid time off plus holiday pay to recharge so you can be your best at work
- Network of Support: Supervisors who care deeply about the participants and your wellbeing
- Job Security: A stable job at an established, growing company
- Learning and Development: We invest in your development and provide the tools and training you need to have a fulfilling career
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO SEVITA
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum of six months of experience in human services, direct care, or care coordination preferred
- Skills: Communication, multi-tasking, adaptability, teamwork, time management
- Behaviors: Patient, compassionate, reliable, responsible
- Vehicle: Valid Driver's license and access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
Apply today and explore careers, well lived at Sevita.
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website