REM West Virginia, a member of the Sevita family provides services for services to youth and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other complex challenges.
3000 Sign On Bonus
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Do you enjoy providing great nursing care, knowing you are making a difference in people's lives? As LPN, you will provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services under the direction of a registered nurse or physician to address the medical or psychiatric needs of individuals with developmental disabilities, acquired brain injuries, substance abuse issues, and/or emotional or behavioral challenges. You will travel between multiple locations and be accessible to staff at all locations during work hours.
- Provide basic care and medical treatment to individuals served
- Complete health assessments and provide input of health diagnosis to RN or physician for the development of nursing care plan
- Follow-up on all physician orders and ensure follow-through on individual's medical/dental appointments
- Monitor, administer, and record medications promptly, acting as a liaison to pharmacy
- Review medication error forms, analyze errors, and make recommendations for procedural changes
- Conduct quality assurance checks on health care records
- Maintain confidentiality, respect human rights, and practice universal precautions in accordance with company policy and all external guidelines
- Partner with external agencies to coordinate services and ensure consistent treatment
- Administer, track, and maintain log for testing of staff members and individuals
- Provide training to staff members on topics such as medication administration, universal precautions, and infection control
- Provide training for individuals served on topics such as self-medication, prescribed treatments, sex education/STD prevention, and smoking cessation
- On an as-needed basis, coordinate, organize, or assist with household activities such as light housekeeping and meal preparation; transport individuals to activities and appointments
- Participate in the on-call system as needed; may be required to be accessible after hours for emergency coverage
- Associate Degree in Nursing or related field or a graduate of an accredited LPN program
- One year of experience working with population served in a nursing capacity
- Current state LPN License and other certifications as required by state licensing regulations such as CPR/FA, HIV/AIDS certification, BBP, and ACT training
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance if providing transportation to individuals receiving services
- Strong communication skills with ability to build rapport with others
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with ability to multi-task
- Reliable, responsible, caring nature with a commitment to the company's mission and values
Why Join Us?
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Complex work adding value to the organization's mission alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
Come join our amazing team of committed, caring professionals. Apply Today!
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website