Strong, compassionate, and caring. Licensed Practical Nurse / Licensed Vocational Nurse and dedicated to impacting the lives of others. Sound like you? Then a nursing career at Sevita may be right for you.
At Sevita, the commitment of our nurses to the people we serve motivates our whole organization. Just as you bring your passion for care to your patients, we care for you by providing a supportive working environment, benefits that promote your emotional wellbeing, and opportunities to advance your career.
DISCOVER CAREERS, WELL LIVED. Our mission at Sevita is to create a world where every person has the right to live well. As a Licensed Practical Nurse / Licensed Vocational Nurse, you'll serve people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain injury, substance abuse disorder, and/or living with emotional or behavioral disabilities. The clinical expertise you bring and the compassion with which you bring it makes an extraordinary impact on the individuals we serve.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Do you enjoy providing great nursing care, knowing you are making a difference in people's lives? As LPN, you will provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services under the direction of a registered nurse or physician to address the medical or psychiatric needs of individuals with developmental disabilities, acquired brain injuries, substance abuse issues, and/or emotional or behavioral challenges. You will travel between multiple locations and be accessible to staff at all locations during work hours.
- Provide basic care and medical treatment to individuals served
- Complete health assessments and provide input of health diagnosis to RN or physician for the development of nursing care plan
- Follow-up on all physician orders and ensure follow-through on individual's medical/dental appointments
- Monitor, administer, and record medications promptly, acting as a liaison to pharmacy
- Review medication error forms, analyze errors, and make recommendations for procedural changes
- Conduct quality assurance checks on health care records
- Maintain confidentiality, respect human rights, and practice universal precautions in accordance with company policy and all external guidelines
- Partner with external agencies to coordinate services and ensure consistent treatment
- Administer, track, and maintain log for testing of staff members and individuals
- Provide training to staff members on topics such as medication administration, universal precautions, and infection control
- Provide training for individuals served on topics such as self-medication, prescribed treatments, sex education/STD prevention, and smoking cessation
- On an as-needed basis, coordinate, organize, or assist with household activities such as light housekeeping and meal preparation; transport individuals to activities and appointments
- Participate in the on-call system as needed; may be required to be accessible after hours for emergency coverage
- Associate Degree in Nursing or related field or a graduate of an accredited LPN program
- One year of experience working with population served in a nursing capacity
- Current state LPN License and other certifications as required by state licensing regulations such as CPR/FA, HIV/AIDS certification, BBP, and ACT training
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance if providing transportation to individuals receiving services
- Strong communication skills with ability to build rapport with others
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with ability to multi-task
- Reliable, responsible, caring nature with a commitment to the company's mission and values
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Complex work adding value to the organization's mission alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
At Sevita, we believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. Through home and community-based specialized care, our work changes lives and inspires growth at every turn. When you join our mission-driven team, you'll create relationships that motivate us all to be better every day. We have a bright future and the determination to get there. Join us today — careers, well lived. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
Apply on company website