MENTOR Maryland, a member of the Sevita family, provides services for Behavioral Health Services, Therapeutic Foster Care, Medically Fragile Foster Care and Independent Living Services.
Family Centered Specialist
Looking for rewarding work in an organization dedicated to making a positive impact in the lives of others? Bring your commitment and interpersonal skills to a team-based workplace that puts people first.
The Family Centered Practitioner's primary role is to provide consistent, quality, culturally competent and intensive in-home and community based Crisis Stabilization and Supportive Services to children, youth and families referred by the MontgomeryCounty Maryland Department of Health and Human Services who exhibit mental health, behavioral, educational and/or parenting challenges. Essential job functions include:
· Being an effective member of a multi-disciplinary or inter-agency team
· Effective collaboration with referral sources, community providers, peers and management
· Utilizing evidenced based, best practice modalities to address issues that contribute to crisis situations
· Utilizing interventions that promote family preservation and empowerment
· Utilizing crisis intervention techniques and interventions, to include conducting assessments
· Providing appropriate child and family therapeutic services
· Ability to provide evidenced based parent education and support
· Attending scheduled inter-agency and intra-agency meetings, to include Clinical Consults and Family Involvement Meetings
· Securing appropriate community resources for youth and families in crisis
· Ability to write clear, concise and detailed progress notes, clinical record documentation, reports and treatment plans, to include individual and family goals
Ability to demonstrate effective communication
· Maintaining a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs and schedules of families and youth, which include service delivery, crisis calls, etc., outside of normal work hours (24/7)
· Adhering to mandated deadlines
· Participating in marketing activities
· Completing other duties as assigned
Licensed, Bachelor's or Master's Degree. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred. Minimum of two years of related experience working with children, youth and families. Specialized training required. Self-motivated and detail-oriented with ability to multi-task. Excellent communication and analytical skills.
Why Join Us?
Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week. 401(k) with company match. Paid time off and holiday pay. Complex work adding value to the organization's mission alongside a great team of co-workers. Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities. We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website