Ohio MENTOR, a member of the Sevita family, provides services for Therapeutic Foster Care and Family Support Services.
Ohio MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network, provides services for Therapeutic Foster Care and Family Support Services.Mental Health Counselor
In the Mental Health Counselor role, you will provide intensive in-home therapy to children in foster care.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments to document history and identify preliminary issues for treatment by interviewing the child and family (if applicable), and transcribing or dictating relevant information for child's records.
- Provide therapy, family support, and crisis interventions to an individual, family and/or group using various treatment modalities as outlined in state/local contracts and/or state licensing standards.
- Provide mental health consultation to stakeholders and treatment team members.
- Develop individualized treatment plans in coordination with an interdisciplinary team
- Work with members of the interdisciplinary team to coordinate other treatment initiatives including school performance, permanency, and reunification planning.
- Develop and coordinate discharge plan based on treatment, indicating all relevant aftercare needs and plans.
- Conduct educational groups for children, families and foster parents.
- Prepare and train the child's biological or legal parents to resume care of their child when reunification is the goal (if applicable to the population being served).
- Conduct regularly scheduled face-to-face meetings with the person served and caretaker to monitor progress and discuss treatment strategies and services.
- Maintain current, legible and adequate medical record documentation in client's chart.
- Attend regular staff meetings, clinical meetings and one-on-one sessions with direct supervisor to process current status of cases.
- LSW or LPC required in the state of Ohio
- Master's Degree in human services field required
- Experience preferred or as required by state
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to establish trust and rapport quickly
- A good listener with an ability to empathize while still providing guidance
- Free CEU's and supervision for social worker or counseling licensure
- Reimbursement for mileage, when in-person
- Reimbursement for passing of state social work or counseling test, when applicable.
- Complex work adding value to the organization's mission alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to strengthen your therapeutic experience through providing intensive, home-based therapy
- Unique full-time and part-time opportunities with extremely flexible hours, offering the ability to schedule your work around your life and work from home!
- Very flexible per diem opportunity, that could easily supplement other commitments
- No case management responsibilities; opportunity to focus solely on therapy
- Laptop provided
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in 37 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website