Strong, compassionate, and caring. Licensed Practical Nurse / Licensed Vocational Nurse and dedicated to impacting the lives of others. Sound like you? Then a nursing career at Sevita may be right for you.
At Sevita, the commitment of our nurses to the people we serve motivates our whole organization. Just as you bring your passion for care to your patients, we care for you by providing a supportive working environment, benefits that promote your emotional wellbeing, and opportunities to advance your career.
DISCOVER CAREERS, WELL LIVED. Our mission at Sevita is to create a world where every person has the right to live well. As a Licensed Practical Nurse / Licensed Vocational Nurse, you'll serve people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain injury, substance abuse disorder, and/or living with emotional or behavioral disabilities. The clinical expertise you bring and the compassion with which you bring it makes an extraordinary impact on the individuals we serve.
Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse
Small Nurse Patient Ratio
This is a fantastic role to continue your nursing career path and work within a setting that offers variety and rewarding challenges. You will have high-impact work by providing nursing services, training, and supports to address the medical or psychiatric needs of individuals with a brain injury, intellectual and developmental disability, a substance use disorder, and/or has an emotional or behavioral disability.
- Monitor the health conditions of individuals served and ensure quality services are provided.
- Administer medications and provide documentation as well as oversee and monitor staff members who administer medications.
- Provide prescribed medical treatment by physician's orders and personal care services.
- Conduct assessments, implement health care services to be included in each Individual Service Plan (ISP), and respond to changes of condition.
- Provide training to staff members including universal precautions, infection control, and medication administration.
- Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers as well as work with external agencies to coordinate services and ensure consistent treatment of individuals receiving care.
- Provide training for individuals served with topics including self-medication, prescribed treatments, sex education/STD prevention, and smoking cessation.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing or related field, or state certificate
- One year of experience working with population served in a nursing capacity
- Current state LPN or LVN licensure for state of residence
- Current driver's license, car registration, and auto insurance
- Other certifications as required by state licensing regulations such as CPR/FA and HIV/AIDS certification, BBP, and ACT training
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, individuals served, and families
Why Join Us?
- Full, Part-time, and As Needed schedules available.
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid time off and holiday pay.
- Rewarding work, impacting the lives of those you serve, working alongside a great team of coworkers.
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
We have a rewarding work environment for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
At Sevita, we believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. Through home and community-based specialized care, our work changes lives and inspires growth at every turn. When you join our mission-driven team, you'll create relationships that motivate us all to be better every day. We have a bright future and the determination to get there. Join us today — careers, well lived. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
Apply on company website