The MENTOR Network is now Sevita. We have a different name, but the same mission, and a renewed sense of purpose. At Sevita we provide home and community-based health care services and support for adults, children, and their families across the United States. Join us in work that matters.
Manages software developers through the design, development, testing and releasing phases of software development projects. Ensures industry best practices and company standards are being followed. Determines the tool set the development team should be using when implementing new technology. Leads the design decisions for all application development projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below:
- Manages and leads the designs of software solutions using industry standard design patterns like MVC.
- Manages development team members to design, implement, and maintain web-based software solutions for the application user community on a project by project basis.
- Assigns work to other developers and ensures all written code matches the requested functionality. Ensures the code follows industry and internal best practices.
- Trains and mentors more junior developers on technology stack and tool set.
- Participates in all aspects of the application life cycle; analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation.
- Supports internal applications by assigning defects to staff members.
- Develops procedures so other developers can follow instructions to help support our systems independently.
- Leads the designs and develops integration with other systems, applications and databases.
- Designs, develops and maintains custom reports, dashboards, validation rules and custom workflow.
- Analyzes new technological solutions to enhance processes or solve ongoing issues and recommends improvements to the team members.
- Provides software support to end users.
- Supports production applications by responding to service desk assignments, tracking problems/issues, and following up with customers.
- Follows corporate system development life cycle, corporate style standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, governance and other related policies.
- Manages employees on specific ad-hoc projects and provides feedback to the project/program manager regarding employee performance.
- Performs other duties and activities as required.
- Manages programmer analysts, junior architects and contractors on the enterprise development team.
- Makes decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Resolves employee problems within position responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills required by the Job
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in system development required.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Manages and coaches developers with the goal of improving their coding skills through code reviews, software design sessions and requirements reviews
- Advanced knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages of different Data Structures like Lists, Hash Arrays and when they should be used
- Excellent understanding of GoF design patterns
- Industry standard algorithm coding best practices
- Avoids deeply nested loops or IF statements
- Ensures security standards are following during development avoiding (SQL Injection, Cross Site scripting etc)
- Excellent understanding of Separation of Concern principal.
- Ability to provide level of effort with high level and many times unclear requirements
- Good understanding Object Oriented Design principles with Java, C++ or C#
- A deep technical background so decisions can be made as to when OOP or Procedural programming languages should be used
- Excellent Linux scripting skills and a good understanding of the Linux operating system
- Travel as needed
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined on a case by case basis via the interactive process.
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for more than 50 years. With Corporate operations located in the Boston Seaport, Lawrence, Massachusetts and Edina, Minnesota, today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website