MENTOR Adult Day Health, a member of the Sevita family, provides day programs for elders with complex medical or rehabilitative needs. This allows seniors to obtain quality healthcare while remaining active and involved in the community and continuing to live in their own homes. Our programs are staffed with qualified, experienced licensed nurses and caregivers who are trained to provide individual assistance to each person we serve.
Driver Program Assistant Adult Day - bilingual in Haitian Creole preferred
Rate: $18 Hourly
$7,500 Signing bonus for FT employment, paid out quarterly during first year of employment.
Would you like to work in a rewarding environment with fantastic co-workers? This position is for you! You can make a difference by providing care to the individuals we serve in our community-based Day Program.
- Provide safe, reliable transportation services between individuals we serve homes, day centers, agency programs, events, outings, and to/from appointments with staff.
- Offer safety assistance when boarding and off-loading at all destinations.
- Lifts and transfers individuals served using proper body mechanics and assistance.
- Ensure cleanliness and daily maintenance of vehicle.
- Assist staff in monitoring individuals we serve and participate at the day center to facilitate activities, meals, care, and bathroom or general assistance.
- Assist individuals receiving care with daily living, including basic personal hygiene and bathroom assistance.
- High school diploma or its equivalent and 18 years of age
- Prior van driving experience preferred
- Minimum one year experience in transporting older adults or individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities, preferred
- Minimum one year experience in providing services to individuals with developmental disabilities, preferably with the older adults
- Valid driver's license, current registration, and insurance
- Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) if required by state
- Competence in CPR and First Aid
- A reliable, responsible attitude and a compassionate approach
- A commitment to quality in everything you do
Why Join Us?
- Full, Part-time, and As Needed schedules available.
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid time off and holiday pay.
- Rewarding work, impacting the lives of those you serve, working alongside a great team of coworkers.
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website