At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you'll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
As the Legal Support Manager you will report to the Office Administrator and manage the daily operations of the legal support teams in both of our Los Angeles offices. You will oversee approximately 40 legal secretaries and case assistants across different practice areas, building collaborative teams focused on providing exceptional client service. You will have excellent communication and managerial skills and will be able to interact confidently and build relationships within the offices and across the firm.
On any given day, you will be working with attorneys, office leadership and colleagues on a variety of requests. You will:
- Manage the legal support staff in the LA-Century City and LA-Downtown offices, including monitoring and equalizing assignments for optimum benefits. Ensure high quality work product, deliver feedback, prepare and communicate annual reviews and set goals and priorities for the team.
- Review and maximize team member utilization to ensure proper staffing and departmental coverage; develop process and procedure for more efficient workflow and back-up coverage.
- Train, coach, and mentor team members and provide professional development and team-building opportunities.
- Develop and foster a supportive and collaborative team environment. Interact with and engage team members by conducting walk-throughs, check-ins, and team meetings.
- Review and approve weekly timesheets and PTO requests in Kronos. Monitor overtime hours and California requirements.
- Work in collaboration with Office Administrators, HR and office/department leaders to ensure a smooth business operation.
- Participate in legal team interviews and new hire onboarding as required. Meet with new attorneys and assign legal support.
- Take ownership for escalated issues, emergency requests, and ad-hoc projects. Handle employee relations matters in partnership with HR and Office Administrators.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- A high school degree. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of previous legal administrative experience, preferably in a law firm or other professional services firm of comparable size.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Must have knowledge of CA wage and hour, and meal premium rules.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and related technologies.
- Thorough knowledge of legal processes and terminology.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to promote an atmosphere that is supportive and encourages teamwork.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and an ability to make effective supervisory decisions.
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our allied professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.
We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 2.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
MORE ABOUT SEYFARTH:
With more than 900 lawyers across 17 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/.
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Seyfarth Shaw maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster through the following link: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Seyfarth is an EEO Employer –M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
It is an essential job requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for this role. If you need an accommodation of any kind for religious or disability reasons, including related to this job requirement, please contact Human Resources.
Seyfarth will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
This position is based in Los Angeles, CA 90067This position is based in Los Angeles, CA 90017
Apply on company website