Develop welding/cutting techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to problems involving fabrication of metals. Specify and develop advance welding processes for all divisions of Shape. Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide expertise with GMAW, GTAW, RSW and Laser welding
- Specify manufacturing welding equipment that meets product design with repeatable processes.
- Read and interpret CAD data, blueprints, GD&T, CMM reports, customer weld specifications.
- Set weld parameters and follow up with weld testing to meet or exceed customer specifications.
- Understanding of Robot programming and equipment.
- Responsible for safety in process design and in execution of daily activities.
- Ensure compliance of practices, procedures and instructions relative to applicable corporate standards (ISO, TS, etc).
- Ensure quality outputs from daily activities.
- Use of proper data collection and analysis to ensure provided information is supported with data that reinforces the stated output.
- Coordinate/facilitate/analyze process design of experiments (DOE's).
- Ensure timely execution of planned activities.
- Provide process design and improvements in a cost-efficient manner.
- Proficient in completing cost justifications with acceptable ROI.
- Foster good working relationship and demonstrate effective communication skills with vendors, team members, suppliers and project teams.
- Manage large projects and/or large volume of projects; provides strategic support.
- Ability to oversee the work of other engineers; provide direction, feedback and mentoring.
- Independently develop approaches to projects; supervision is in the form of general discussions about desired results.
- Determine the technical objectives of assignments.
- Demonstrate proven ability to apply advanced engineering principles in relationship to welding.
- Understand the impact of one's decisions on other areas of the business; work broadly across the organization by interacting with multiple engineering disciplines.
- Embrace lifelong learning and Identify when it is necessary to acquire new knowledge and skills; take self-driven action to develop professionally.
- Demonstrate an interest in learning about new and emerging tools and technology.
- Recognized as a leader in problem solving of complex problems; mentor others by teaching engineering knowledge and skills.
- Skillfully use logic and analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses, the costs and benefits and the short- and long-term consequences of different approaches.
- Continuously act to prevent problems, pursue opportunities and improve system performance.
- Develop innovative methods of obtaining or using resources when sufficient resources are not available.
- Ability to use DMAIC process for improvements
- Ability to analyze data using statistics.
- Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the leader.
Apply on company website