Shaw Contract | Shaw Hospitality is a global design leader in commercial flooring for some of the world's most creative and innovative environments. Our vast, sustainable product offerings can be found in diverse markets such as workplace, healthcare, hospitality, education and multi-family dwellings; supporting the spaces in which we work, learn, live, play and heal.
Our Custom Carpet Designers get to work on pattern and color development for all print, CYP and tufting equipment as it relates to the market segments in hospitality, assisted living, retail and entertainment. This role works from our Cartersville, GA Commercial Marketing Campus.
- Work directly with key clients to develop custom carpet solutions through a collaborative environment.
- Responsible for taking designs from concept to full color product completion.
- To research the market for new trends, and the ability to create from patterns, ideas, and color directions for the design of innovative products.
- Develop exceptional custom design by using computer aided design system (CAD).
- Manage interface between Client, Sales, and Custom Department.
- Develop and present product presentations internally and to customers.
- Travel to and participate in industry design and trade shows as well as field testing new products and color lines with the A&D community.
- Execute Action Plan
- Learn Continuously
- Four year college degree and/or advanced degree: Textile, Fibers, Graphic and/or Interior Design
- Must have excellent knowledge of Photoshop and/or Nedgraphics
- Working knowledge of yarn/fibers and basic concepts of pattern design.
- Exceptional aesthetic sense and intuitive understanding of design and color principles
Although our highly-distributed workforce can be found around the globe, Shaw Contract is based out of Cartersville, Georgia in our new highly-sustainable, world-class Create Centre facility, which is home to product development and marketing for our commercial division, demonstrating our commitment to hiring the best talent. We hire humble, collaborative and ambitious people and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. Shaw Contract is the commercial design brand for Shaw Industries Group, Inc., a vertically integrated manufacturer that supplies carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile & stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets globally. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, and with manufacturing in the United States, Mexico and China, Shaw is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. with more than $4.5 billion in annual sales and 23,000 associates worldwide.
8 hour, day shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website