Coordinate contract flooring projects from the approval of the project through the final completion. Ensure that each project is completed on schedule, that the quality meets all standards, that the projected profit levels are maintained or improved, and that the customer is completely satisfied.
- Assist Account Managers with estimating.
- Communicate with mills and other distributors to determine availability of products
- Responsible for submittal process including samples, MSDS, maintenance, and warranty information
- Coordinate and run the job on a daily basis
- Share responsibility for the success of the job
- Responsible for ordering and expediting materials, and making certain of dye-lot compatibility, and tracking orders
- Communicate job schedules to coordinate with the client, the general contractor, and/or Field Supervisor
- Determine steps necessary to meet project deadlines. Respond with urgency and flexibility to meet frequently changing project schedules.
- Perform consistent, timely follow-up with suppliers, tracing as many as thirty separate shipments of items depending on the complexity of the job.
- Make freight arrangements for product shipments in the most expeditious and cost effective manner.
- Locate installers for out of town installation and negotiate prices and schedules.
- Thorough follow up is essential including evening and weekend contact as required. Communicate with customer at every opportunity.
- Coordinate all change orders in writing. Track all changes to ensure proper completion and billing.
- Monitor installations for meeting schedules and quality standards
- Approve installation bills. Review and evaluate all installer bills for accuracy
- Maintain required documentation in job folders and on the computer system to support the projects. Assemble all information relating to the projects.
- Prepare job folder for invoicing. Review for extras and change orders, determine freight charges, verify for accuracy and submit to Accounts Receivable.
- Receive punch list and repair calls. Determine responsibility for repairs. Prepare cost estimates if necessary. Review invoices and charge back to primary installers accordingly.
- Execute Action Plan
- Initiate Action
- Adapt and Change
- Demonstrate Good Judgment
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Must continue education of new materials and procedures.
- Must have strong mathematical skills for product calculations, which are critical to the project.
- Must be able to interpret/understand blueprints.
- Maintain professional demeanor with customers at all times.
- Knowledge of installation procedures
- Knowledge of flooring products
- High school diploma or equivalent, or relevant experience
8 hour, day shift
Our Nation's veterans bring an extraordinary array of skills and training to any position. Shaw actively works to understand how these skills can translate to our job categories.Shaw will consider an applicant's military service and work experience when determining whether a candidate meets the requirements of a posted job. Shaw values Diversity & Inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans & Disabled.
Apply on company website