Shaw Commercial is a global design leader in commercial flooring for some of the world's most creative and innovative environments. Our vast, sustainable product offerings can be found in diverse markets such as workplace, healthcare, hospitality, education and multi-family dwellings; supporting the spaces in which we work, learn, live, play and heal.
Our Proposal Writers are responsible for completing a variety of proposals and projects by offering compelling and well-positioned information. Proposal Writers support all commercial sales teams at all levels as well as brand marketing teams and Marketing Services. They are responsible for communicating the most current and accurate information within an aggressive timeframe while representing the appropriate brand, both written and aesthetically.This role will work as a freelance contractor based out of our Commercial Marketing Campus in Cartersville, GA.
What you'll be doing:
- Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs during strategy sessions with sales teams.
- Deliver completed written proposal responses to the Sr. Communication Manager against agreed project deadlines, escalating issues as required and establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, design, review, and final approval for submission.
- Develop strategic positioning by writing, revising and editing information including but not limited to executive summaries, company information, excel pricing grids, conclusions and organization credentials.
- Re-write/edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, technical / product teams, finance, and legal.
- Proactively develop and manage a network of subject matter experts, gathering proposal information to be used on current and future proposals.
- Maintain quality results and brand standards by using templates; following brand design standards and proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Complete other projects as requested and directed by manager.
- Continuously improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Research competitors and industry leaders to assist Shaw with gaining a competitive edge.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for completing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job activities.
- Ability to coach sales teams and subject matter experts in writing best practice.
- Manage processes and protocol to ensure proper maintenance and dissemination of information.
What we'd like to see as required skills and experience:
- 4-year degree in communication, marketing or journalism.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced writing and editing abilities both technical and persuasive writing.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel abilities including formatting and creation of formulas.
- Must be able to translate complex technical information into clear communication for a variety of audiences.
- Eye for design and the ability to work with designers and make simple edits to existing layouts.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including non-standard hours.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent problem solver with attention to detail and ability to think strategically.
- Deliver Compelling Communication
- Build Customer Satisfaction
- Initiate Action
- Learn Continuously
Although our highly-distributed workforce can be found around the globe, Shaw's commercial brands are based out of Cartersville, Georgia in our new highly-sustainable, world-class Create Centre facility, which is home to product development and marketing for our commercial division, demonstrating our commitment to hiring the best talent. We hire humble, collaborative and ambitious people and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is a vertically integrated manufacturer that supplies carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile & stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets globally. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, and with manufacturing in the United States, Scotland, Mexico and China, Shaw is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. with more than $4.5 billion in annual sales and 23,000 associates worldwide.
8 hour, day shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website