Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training — all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise — as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
The position of EHS Specialist performs a variety of functions to assist in maintaining and preserving the health and safety of employees as well as the environment. This individual will be responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of existing systems related to plant safety, environmental control processes, regulatory compliance and training.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conducts accident investigations.
• Act as workers compensation administrator for this location.
• Ensures compliance with Hazardous/Universal Waste regulations.
• Provides safety training as required including hazard communications, new employee safety orientation, lead awareness, hearing conservation, radiation safety, laser safety, hazardous waste, fire extinguisher, CRP and first aid, and bloodborne pathogens.
• Schedules annual testing requirements including audiograms and blood lead testing.
• Performs annual industrial hygiene monitoring.
• Implementation and enforcement of company safety policies.
• Completes fire extinguisher and eyewash inspections.
• SPCC/SWPP inspection duties.
• Leads Safety Committee meetings.
• Ensures compliance with Hazard communications by updating SDS.
• Holds position of Laser Safety Officer (LSO) and implements laser safety program.
• Holds position of Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) and implements radiation safety program in accordance with Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) and State of Oregon.
• Ensures compliance with DOD 4145.26-M Contractors Safety Manual for Ammunition and Explosives and leads Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) inspections.
• Emergency coordinator
• Procures personal protective equipment as needed to sustain operations.
• Performs various office functions and other duties as required. Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal EHS regulations including but not limited to OSHA, NHDES, EPA, Health and Human Services, NRC, DOT, DOD, DOL, and ATF.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in EH&S and/or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years' experience in the environmental health and safety field.
• Creative problem solving skills.
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
• Results driven individual who has demonstrated the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Displays a customer focused work ethic with the ability to interact with all levels of employees.
• Able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Apply on company website