Hybrid Shell Manufacturing Technician
SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and training. For over 250 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved, and thrived, by blending American ingenuity, German engineering, and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community, law enforcement, competitive shooters, hunters, and responsible citizens. Additionally, SIG SAUER is the premier provider of elite firearms instruction and tactical training at the SIG SAUER Academy. Headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, SIG SAUER's workforce is located across eight locations in the United States.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
Operate various types of equipment within the Hybrid Shell Manufacturing Process which produces ammunition cartridge cases. Handle various materials as part of manufacturing and process them through the various stages of assembly including controlling quality and maintaining low scrap levels. This position reports to the Component Area Production Manager.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
* Meet or exceed defined production performance standards.
* Retrieve necessary components and stage them at the appropriate machine stations.
* Effectively operate all machines within the Hybrid Shell Manufacturing production line.
* Understand and be able to effectively handle all caliber changes.
* Be able to troubleshoot and resolve minor operational issues at each station.
* Perform visual quality checks accordingly for each machine/station of the Hybrid Shell Manufacturing Process.
* Report any potential quality issues to operation management.
* Perform specific shift tasks related to work area preparation and end of shift work area cleaning and organizing.
* Properly log and complete all production paperwork.
* Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) required for specified activities
* Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
* High school diploma and/or Associates degree required; or one to three months
* Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and understand verbal directions.
* Work well in a fast paced changing environment.
* Must be able to operate all machinery within the Hybrid Shell Manufacturing Line.
* Both initial and ongoing training will be provided for these operational functions. Must be able to properly use and read gages such as calipers, micrometers and dial indicators
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Additionally, adherence to work schedules is critical in order to meet production targets.
* Able to lift up to 25 pounds
* Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Apply on company website