Job Location:Corporate Indianapolis
Position is primarily responsible for the application and reconciliation of all tenant account payments. The overall cash application process requires working directly in two different property management software systems (CTI-contains permanent tenants and JDE-contains Specialty Leasing [temporary] and marketing related tenants).
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Accurate cash handling and application of payments:
- Permanent tenant accounts require review of remittance backup received in addition to analysis of tenant's payment and billing history. Contacting tenants may be required when not enough information is provided to properly apply incoming checks.
- Specialty Leasing cash application is reliant on accurately following Field Check Logs prepared by each property to ensure payments are recorded as intended.
- Heavy coordination with AR, Legal Collections, Leasing and Field Personnel is required to ensure an understanding of all tenant conversations regarding payment intent is followed correctly to reflect unpaid balances properly.
- Initial set up and subsequent return of both Permanent and Specialty Leasing security deposits, account overpays as well as construction deposit dollars.
- Additional handling may involve the transfer of payments between bank accounts or journaling of cash items as directed by instructions.
- Maximize auto-application of checks to open charges through maintenance of tenant bank account tables, proper set up and maintenance of parent relationship records, and initiating and relieving system holds preventing application where appropriate.
- Review and process all assistance requests from each property's office as well as from Home Office users. These requests include simple application adjustments, suspension of further billings due to leasing changes or write off of uncollectible A/R.
- Responsible for initial analysis of tenant charges in cases where tenants are repeatedly paying more than they are being billed.
- Research and resolve unapplied cash per departmental policies. Assist in reviewing and reconciling tenant accounts in an effort to minimize overdue accounts.
Technical and Personal Skills:
- Prior data entry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and other systems
- Ability to work in multiple software packages simultaneously and maneuver multiple bank websites
- Capable of creating and/or updating existing policy to document process handling steps
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred [Business/Finance/Accounting]
- Knowledge of basic accounting skills
- Math aptitude, analytical ability and account reconciliation skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience in a fast paced environment with ability to work independently and in a team environment
Apply on company website