Skyline Ridge Apartments and Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a beautiful community in Canon City, CO, with more than 80 units offering skilled nursing care.Key Responsibilities
At this time, we are seeking a Restorative Nursing Assistant to join our team!
- Provides Restorative Nursing Services.
- Assists resident to achieve or maintain at their highest level of physical function.
- Trains the resident in self care according to the resident's abilities including the care and use of prosthetic and orthotic devices, dressing and grooming, eating and swallowing.
- Maintains range of motion; proper turning and positioning in bed and chair.
- Provides bowel and bladder retraining.
- Incorporates training and skill practice activities, which include repetition, physical or verbal cueing and task segmentation.
- Reports observations and other pertinent resident information to the Restorative Nursing Coordinator and other members of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Documents objective information related to the provision and resident response to the Restorative Nursing services in accordance with existing policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Participates in the identification of staff and resident education needs related to the Restorative Nursing Program and services.
- Accepts directions from Restorative Nurse Coordinator/therapist relative to the Restorative Nursing Program techniques and activities.
Successful experience in a Skilled Nursing environment.
Proven leadership and communication skills; knowledge of local, state and federal regulations.
Ability to relate to residents, families, visitors, clients, and staff.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- Freedom from use and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in the position.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills.
- Knowledge of Five Star's care and service standards and state regulations.
- Must pass the state and company criminal background screen.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months' related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
DaytimeOur Core Values
• We Put People First
• We Act With Integrity
• We Mind the Business
• We Listen, Then Act Decisively
• We Work to be Our Best
About Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website