SL Start provides supported living personalized services that enrich people's lives. Supporting an amazing group of children and adults with developmental disabilities. SL Start recognizes each individual's needs and goals as unique to that person. SL Start employees coordinate directly with the people we serve, their families and private, state and federal agencies to develop customized programs and living conditions best suited for each individual's needs and goals. Our attention to safety, health and personal choice are priorities when designing these services. SL Start employees are encouraged to use their creativity in supported living positions. Ultimately we strive for our employees and the people we support to have fun and grow together.
If you are looking for an opportunity that will make a difference in the lives of others and eager to join an organization with a huge heart, ample personality, and an exciting work culture, SL Start just might be the ideal fit for you!
The Direct Support Professional will assist and support individuals with developmental disabilities. As a Direct Support Professional you would have an opportunity to enrich the life of the person you are working with. This happens through communication, daily living, hygiene skills, behavioral intervention and social activities out in the community to enjoy life. The focus is on maintaining a clean, safe, stimulating living environment, providing transportation and supporting individuals to become active members of their communities.
- Assist persons in learning basic living skills, adapting to the community environment and establishing supportive relationships within the community
- Assist persons in areas of personal care, home management, meal planning, shopping and health maintenance
- Provide Positive Behavioral Support in employment and community involvement
- Interact with parents, case managers and the public in a positive, professional manner
- Transport and meet persons supported at various community locations
- Maintain Individual Plans and satisfy all reporting requirements
- Promote and practice teamwork through respectful interactions with other staff
- At least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to satisfy a background check and comply with company drug free workplace policy
- Experience with Positive Behavioral Support, behavior management and training programs desired but not required.
- A strong desire to enrich lives and the ability to train and foster skills development with participants
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish work priorities and work independently
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50 pounds of unbalanced weight
- Willingness to work a flexible, non--traditional schedule
Benefits offered to you as an employee:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long- and short-term disability
- Supplemental Insurance products
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid time off (PTO)
Key Words: Supported Living, Direct Care, Healthcare, Social Work, Psychology, Entry Level
Apply on company website