The Speech Language Pathologist (SLP), under the direction of the Rehab Director, is responsible for evaluating, planning, and implementing medically prescribed treatment for patients in the homecare setting. Responsible for assessing and treating speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication and swallowing disorders. Other responsibilities will be assigned as appropriate.
- Education Graduate of an approved school of Speech Language Pathology
Masters in Speech Language Pathology
- Experience Three (3) years of clinical experience.
- Current SC SLP license
- Valid SC Driver's License with good driving record
- CPR certification
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Assesses, plans, and implements rehabilitation services and for speech, language, and/or swallowing disorders.
- Provides evaluation of speech and language abilities through diagnostic procedures, establishes goals, and estimates prognosis for recovering.
- Develops the plan of care in consultation with the physician and other care team members, and revises as appropriate
- Plans and provides rehabilitative services for speech and language disorders.
- Re-evaluates patient's progress and the established rehabilitation program as needed
- Instructs family member(s) and members of the health care team in methods of assisting the patient in improving communication skills.
Apply on company website