Employment Type: Full Time Regular
This position partners with the VP of Product Dev on all elements needed to research trends and concept and monthly trend directions within a brand right frame. Drives the compiling of trend information within calendar dates and actively contributes to final product.
- Build themes and concepts for seasonal trend, color and concept presentations. Researches, compiles and executes brand right fashion trend information for the Soma's customer.
- Partners with companywide CFT and ensures up to date information/cooperation levels. Facilitates constant information flow and suggests crucial upcoming trends to be implemented into the product fast track process.
- Owns process to research and compile trend and color information according to seasonal/monthly direction. Collaborates with VP on the collection and organization of trend materials, using all available sources to determine color concept, print direction, fabric and material lists, silhouettes updates, details and key volume drivers according to direction.
- Responsible for the creation of monthly and quarterly publications created by the trend team to include providing photography and page layouts.
- Maintains subscription and relationship with all trend, print, lace and embroidery resources and reports on changes/events/novelty for available trend products.
- Responsible for guiding print concept team.
- Owns maintenance of visual database, documents and subscriptions for the department.
- Travels domestically as needed to observe how to gather and document upcoming trend directions relevant to the brand.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; Design major a plus
- 2-4 years' experience in women's wear market, trend research and development
- Clear understanding of brand and customer design
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphasis on PowerPoint; Adobe Design Suite
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Forecasting abilities
Apply on company website