Under limited supervision,
- Directs and manages support and program services of a med/max adult male institution.
- Directs and manages supply, canteen, mailroom, maintenance, commissary and medical functions to provide support to the institution.
- Directs and manages educational, dental, recreation, horticulture, pastoral care and inmate organizations.
- Performs duties of the warden in his absence.
- Serves as on-call official on rotating basis, including weekend duty.
- Prepare (write) various reports, special studies and staff papers, including recommendations relating to proposed changes in policies, operating procedures, rules, regulations and laws.
- Perform related duties as required.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A bachelor's degree and supervisory experience in a Correctional environment.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
A bachelor's degree and four (4) years of responsible administrative/management experience in a correctional environment, Must have two (2) years of correctional supervisory experience.
an associate degree and six (6) years of responsible administrative/management experience in a correctional environment, Must have two (2) years of correctional supervisory experience.
a high school diploma and eight (8) years responsible administrative/management experience in a correctional environment.Must have two (2) years of correctional supervisory experience.
Must be certified or obtain certification within six (6) months of entry into the position and must then maintain his/her certification while in the position.
Must attach a resume to the application to be considered for position.
Work hours will vary.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Apply on company website