Under supervision of Certified Correctional Officers, provides security, custody and control of inmates in a correctional setting. Duties include:
- Maintain control in inmate dorms, cafeteria, work sites and surrounding areas.
- Instruct and direct inmates assigned to various work details.
- Maintain and report inmate/resident count and daily logs; prepare and submits miscellaneous reports.
- Maintain surveillance and search for contraband.
- Maintain and inspect buildings for cleanliness and sanitation; requisition and direct issuance of supplies, tools and equipment; maintain inventory of equipment
- Escort visitors and civilian employees through assigned facility.
- Ensure that inmates receive prescribed treatment including medical and behavioral prescriptions.
- Make prescribed security inspections and searches of specified buildings, building contents, grounds, vehicles and people and take necessary action.
- Maintain and operates security devices in a security setting, such as gates, doors, and mechanical devices.
- Investigate inmate complaints and takes appropriate action.
- Serve as backup for any dorm/building dispute requiring assistance and crisis intervention; make reports to appropriate personnel.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Age 18 - 20.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid drivers license.
Must pass a physical exam administered by SCDC.
Must satisfactorily complete all academic and OJT by the Department of Corrections as specified.
Additional Comments Base Pay Adjustments - Institutional Incentives
Level I Institutions
Level II Institutions
Allendale CI, Evans CI, Kershaw CI, Leath CI, MacDougall CI,
Ridgeland CI, Turbeville CI, Tyger River CI, Wateree River CI
with incentive: $29,583
Level III Institutions
Broad River CI, Kirkland CI, Lee CI, Lieber CI, McCormick CI, Perry CI
with incentive: $31,441
Apply on company website