- Develop preventive maintenance and repair program throughout facility for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.
- Establish on-call procedures and respond to calls.
- Determine requirements for preventive maintenance, repairs, supplies, and equipment and prepares justification and requisitions supplies and equipment.
- Remain abreast of new techniques/procedures/equipment in functional area and recommend the procurement of and assist in supervising the installation of new equipment.
- Work involves overtime and 24-hour on-call responsibilities for emergency repairs.
Must complete four (4) weeks basic training Upon hire. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services
Employment@doc.state.sc.us Minimum and Additional Requirements State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements: A high school diploma and trade experience that is directly related to the area of employment. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- A high school diploma
- Four (4) years of experience in general maintenance, installation and/or repairs of heating/ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Must be EPA Universal Certified for refrigeration systems or obtain within six (6) months of hire.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Apply on company website