- Plan, develop, coordinate, supervise and administer maintenance and repair program for the food service equipment at institution
- Ensure compliance with health and environmental standards.
- Determine requirements for preventive maintenance and repair supplies and equipment and prepare justification and requisition for supplies/ equipment.
- Remain abreast of new techniques/ equipment in functional area and recommend the procurement of and assists in Supervising the Instillation of new equipment.
- Work Involves Overtime and 24 hours on-call responsibilities for emergency repair.
Must Complete SCDC Basic training upon hire. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services
Employment@doc.sc.gov Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and trade experience that is directly related to the area of employment. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- A high school diploma
- Three (3) years experience in the principles and techniques of plumbing and general maintenance and repair.
Kitchen Equipment Repair Experience Preferred
Universal EPA Certification Preferred
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Apply on company website