Job Responsibilities Under direct supervision,
- Provides therapeutic activities with individual clients or groups provided by a trained, self identified person in recovery for male youthful offenders in a residential addiction treatment program.
- A certified peer support specialist guides clients toward identification and achievement of specific goals defined by the client and specified in their treatment plan.
- Peer support services promotes community socialization, recovery, self advocacy, self help and development of natural supports through shared life experiences.
- Serves as an active member of the clients treatment team and models the recovery lifestyle.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employment@doc.state.sc.us Minimum and Additional Requirements State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and relevant program experience. A Bachelor's Degree may be substituted for the required program experience.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
Must be credentialed as a Certified Peer Support Specialist (CPSS). Minimum of two (2) years in recovery with one (1) year working as a CPSS.
Must successfully complete SCDC Basic Training.
This is a grant position. Additional Comments The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Apply on company website