Job Responsibilities Under supervision from the Superintendent/ Designee:
- Provides vocational instruction to students.
- Assesses students' abilities and needs required to complete course of instruction.
- Delivers District-approved curriculum and provides appropriate instruction.
- Maintains discipline and security in classroom, shop and other applicable work areas.
- Supervises the use of all tools and equipment to ensure proper security, use, and storage.
- Maintains records of student attendance, progress and provides informational reports as required by the Director of CTE/Vocational Programs.
- Maintains teacher competency in the area of vocational trade.
- Satisfies requirements of all mandatory SCDC and PUSD training.
- Performs other educational and related duties as required.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A valid South Carolina teaching credential.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources.)
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma or equivalent. Applicant must be certified by the SC Department of Education in the relevant vocational area (Carpentry) or be eligible for work-based certification, verified through the South Carolina Department of Education, which requires 3-5 years of experience in the vocational trade.
(This is a temporary position paid at an established hourly rate for hours worked. Temporary positions do not include leave, benefits or grievance rights)
Applicants who do not have a teaching license must contact the SC Department of Education to determine eligibility for work-based certification and obtain a letter of eligibility for hire.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Apply on company website