Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Laboratory Supervisor - Full Time, Variable (Culver City)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for supervising Laboratory staff and ensuring the day-to-day functions of the department are maintained and completed in a timely manner. Performs a variety of standardized and highly specialized analysis of tests in Chemistry, Immunology, Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Microbiology and/or Blood Bank. Ensures that all results are on time and accurate. Specific supervisory duties also include employee coaching, training, hiring, counseling/discipline, and performance assessment processes. Serves as a role model and resource to colleagues, staff and others. Appropriately educates, cross trains and mentors staff. Ensures compliance with applicable policies and standards.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Ensures day to day operations of the department are maintained and completed in a timely manner in accordance with hospital and departmental policies. Supervises staff and the day-to-day functions of the department providing guidance and support as needed. Demonstrates problem-solving, critical thinking, and prioritization of work to resolve issues as they arise in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels. Responsible for scheduling/staffing, coaching, training, hiring, firing, counseling, performance evaluations and competencies, and payroll process. Effectively supervises staff in compliance with applicable regulatory bodies, and all established policies, procedures and legal guidelines.
- Collaborates with staff and members of the healthcare team, ensuring the coordination of care between other disciplines and support staff. Delegates laboratory activities to appropriate members of the healthcare team, provides effective leadership and ensures that service is safe and of high quality. Acts as a source of information and articulately responds to questions, providing resources, guidance, and education about laboratory services.
- Performs laboratory testing, quality control measures, and distribution of test results of biological specimens in an accurate and timely manner. Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies; documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and maintenance performed. Performs daily charge reconciliation and technical review of log sheets.
- Actively participates in departmental process improvement. Adheres to turnaround time (TAT) guidelines for STAT and routine tests. Ensures Infection Control procedures, HIPAA compliance and other regulatory standards.
- Empathizes with patient and patient support systems, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, gender identity, or ethnic background. Engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out interactions with the patient, families, physicians, and co-workers.
Minimum Education: Master's Degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: Four (4) years of experience as a CLS required. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the hospital. Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Must be willing to work variable shifts and overtime as required. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. Ability to identify and distinguish between colors.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Current Licensure as a Clinical Lab Scientist in the State of California required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals, benefit eligible positions will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/
Keywords: Lab, Allied Health, Clinical, Supervisor, Sup, Acute Care hospital.
Apply on company website