Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.Nuclear Medicine Technologist - Full Time, Days (Culver City)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist is responsible for performing all necessary duties and functions related to planning, organizing and performing diagnostic and therapeutic nuclear medicine procedures.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Performs clinical diagnostic nuclear medicine testing, including general studies, cardiac studies and the computer interactions associated with these studies. Ensures identity of patient using appropriate patient identifiers per hospital policy, and ensures the correct procedure for testing, exactly as outlined in the physician order and per all regulatory requirements and hospital policies/procedures. Assists with the care of the patient within scope of licensure.
- Monitors patients, diagnostic procedures, and diagnostic equipment making appropriate adjustments to ensure optimal results. Reports malfunctions to leadership in a timely manner. Performs procedural due diligence to ensure images are processed and archived, and systems are updated, with accurate information as it relates to the patient's medical record and billing
- Loads and unloads mobile imaging equipment and related accessories, radiopharmaceuticals and/or supplies. Develops and evaluates film for technical quality.
- Registers patients by confirming patient identification, reviewing consultation requests, checking for special instructions, consulting with the radiologist and entering anticipated services to patient log. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPPA compliance.
- Screens patients for appropriateness criteria and pharmaceutical and other contraindications by obtaining relevant patient history, reviewing order/request and other medical records and questioning patient.
- Empathizes with patient and patient support systems, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, gender identity, or ethnic background. Engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out interactions with the patient, families, physicians, and co-workers.
Minimum Education: Graduated from a program in Nuclear Medicine required.
Minimum Experience: Two (2) years experience in an acute care facility. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job.
Req. Certification/Licensure: California License, ARRT NM and / or NMTCB required. AHA Basic Life Support required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only). Dual modality-ARRT CT preferred.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals, benefit eligible positions will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Acute Care Hospital, Radiology, Nuc Med Tech, Nuclear Medical Technician, Tech, Technologist. Allied Health, AncillaryPosition Summary
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Address: Culver City - 3828 Delmas Terrace
Apply on company website