Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.Phlebotomist (Lab - PATH) - Per Diem, Variable (Culver City)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Phlebotomist performs venipuncture procedures for clinical or medical testing and transfusions. Procures blood samples from patients and labels accurately to preserve the integrity of specimens for proper transporting, processing and preparation of all samples. Reviews lab requisitions and performs quality review and troubleshooting. Ensures adequate supplies and inventory, and performs all clerical functions including but not limited to: data entry, maintaining records, answering phones and providing reports. Provides support and facilitates communications by effectively navigating computer and phone systems, building and maintaining customer relationships, and providing a positive, professional and empathetic understanding to all customers.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Identifies patient, observes the correct procedure for venipuncture, collects and labels specimens exactly as outlined in each medical requisition. Accurately prints collection batch and labels for phlebotomy collections. Adheres to infection control standards, properly handles each specimen and ensures that every specimen is delivered to the laboratory in a timely manner per laboratory protocol. Accurately processes specimens for send-out according to appropriate procedures ensuring timely processing/dispatch.
- Actively participates in departmental process improvement. Adheres to turnaround time (TAT) guidelines for STAT and routine tests. Ensures HIPAA compliance and regulatory standards.
- Empathizes with patient and patient support systems, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, gender identity, or ethnic background. Engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out interactions with the patient, families, physicians, and co-workers.
- Receives and handles calls, documents issues, and escalates to Lead/Supervisor as appropriate. Manages supplies including inventory, ordering, receiving, and stocking. Delivers lab supplies as appropriate. Picks-up and delivers all laboratory samples/specimens to the departments for testing as appropriate. Prints and delivers/faxes lab reports in a timely manner.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. Experience with lab/hospital computer systems and software preferred. Applicable clinical lab work experience preferred. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: California Certified Phlebotomy Technician required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Phlebotomy, Clinical Laboratory, Lab Services, AncillaryPosition Summary
Employment Status: Per Diem
Work Schedule: Variable
Address: Culver City - 3828 Delmas Terrace
Apply on company website