Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.**Hiring Event Job Fair** for Security Officer $1,000 Sign On Bonus! Hiring Event: Hiring Event: December 6 - 10, 2021 (Graveyard Shifts)
*** Must Register for this event by applying to this requisition.
***Hiring Event: December 6 - 10, 2021
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Security Officer provides a safe and secure environment for hospital patients, visitors, employees, and physicians. Performs monitoring and surveillance activities in hospital buildings, surrounding grounds and parking areas. Uses good judgment to resolve issues and inquiries appropriately.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Follows all post orders for assigned post. Responds to all emergency situations. Investigates and completes written reports on incidents and reports incidents to appropriate parties. Maintains appropriate contact with dispatcher.
- Monitors patients and visitors and enforces visiting hours. Confronts unauthorized persons, detains, questions and/or telephones police for assistance, using good judgment to resolve issues. Performs crowd control duties.
- Checks exterior lighting and access routes to all entrances and the Emergency Room. Removes trash and other obstacles, which may be a safety hazard.
- Takes conscious ownership for work and takes a proactive, deliberate, and thoughtful approach regarding work activities. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgement and decision making. Demonstrates excellent customer service at all times. Maintains confidentiality in accordance with hospital/corporate policies and HIPAA privacy regulations.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
Minimum Experience: Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to use sound reasoning and judgment to resolve issues. Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. One (1) year previous experience as a security officer preferred. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred. Previous hospital security experience preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Current California Guard Card required. Pepper Spray and PR-24 baton permits preferred. Current Management of Assaultive Behavior Certification (within first 30 days of employment) required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals, benefit eligible positions will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/
Keywords: Security, Entry Level Service, Support, Watch Commander, Guard, Monitoring, Surveillance, Inspecting, Acute Care HospitalPosition Summary
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work Schedule: Variable
Address: Culver City - 3828 Delmas Terrace
Apply on company website