Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.Pharmacy Technician - Part Time, Variable (Hollywood)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Pharmacy Technician will prepare, package, document, and label drug products under the direct technical supervision of the Pharmacist. Performs all required data entry and filing associated with the process and performs functions related to drug purchasing and inventory control procedures. Collects data for workload measurements as needed or required. Technician assists in non-judgement, repetitive, tasks relating to the preparation and distribution of pharmaceuticals, as assigned.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Completes medication order entry, fills unit dose medication cassettes, and prepares sterile products per hospital policy and applicable regulations.
- Assists in preparation of intravenous solutions, respiratory drugs, admixtures, TPN and intravenous antibiotics by using aseptic techniques.
- Accurately prepares, packages, documents, and labels drug products.
- Performs all required data entry and filing associated with the process. Maintains strictest confidentiality of patient information.
- Performs functions related to drug purchasing, inventory control procedures, controlled substance preparation and records. Completes billing, stocking, and computer order entry.
- Selects appropriate drug quantity and orders form of administration. Packages extemporaneous unit dosage of tablets, capsules, powders and liquids using appropriate equipment.
- Distributes drugs to patient medication drawer or tray, delivers medications to floor, and records units dispensed/returned.
Minimum Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent required.
Minimum Experience: Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. Computer literacy and proficiency. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the organization. Ability to multitask and maintain a work pace appropriate to workload. IV Sterile Compounding Experience preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: California Board of Pharmacy Technician Registration Certificate required.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Pharm, Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Ancillary, Tech, TechnologistPosition Summary
Employment Status: Regular Part-time
Work Schedule: Variable
Address: Hollywood - 6245 De Longpre Avenue
Apply on company website