Assistant Chief Nursing Officer (ACNO)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
In collaboration with and under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, the Associate Chief Nursing Officer is a key member of the hospital Executive Leadership team responsible for the execution of the strategic plan that supports the mission, vision and goals of the organization. The ACNO is responsible for leadership of all nursing functions of the respective facility. Leads nursing practice in the hospital and maintain consistent and high-quality standards of patient care. Develops and deploys nursing policies, objectives, and initiatives for the department; reviews departmental operations to ensure compliance with established standards. Drives the delivery of quality and cost-effective patient care and oversees the performance of nursing staff. Contributes to the development of the patient care vision; oversight of the model of care, nursing quality assurance, nursing operations, patient safety and the reputation of patient care services. Directs nursing services in accordance with State, Federal, and other regulatory agencies. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Core Values that support the strategic plan and goals of the Organization.
- Ensures efficient nursing department operations, providing high quality, safe, appropriate, and cost-effective care delivery to patients. The planning and delivery of patient care shall reflect all elements of the nursing process. Continues to bring new ideas to patient care services to improve performance and enhance quality and patient safety. Develops and implements measurements to monitor improvements in patient services operations. Collaborates with ancillary department leaders to ensure safe delivery of patient care. Responsible for overseeing and meeting nursing department staffing requirements, nursing department budget, and patient throughput goals, including contract services and/or temporary personnel.
- Provides leadership within the patient care services area throughout the hospital, to ensure patient care which is consistent with the mission and vision of the respective facility. Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Core Values and supports the strategic plan and goals of the Organization. Responsible for all patient care practice standards of the hospital.
- Collaborates with the Chief Nursing Officer to develop and monitor operating and capital budgets within nursing services. Assures financial stewardship for the facility in both operational and capital perspectives. Allocates financial, information, and human capital for improvement activities, ensuring efficient delivery of cost effective and efficient services to patients, physicians, and hospital departments. Evaluates operations and works with department directors and managers to ensure cost effective service delivery.
- Proactively manages nursing staff recruitment, retention, and engagement strategies within respective facility. Ensures competence related to selection, orientation, training, continued education, and development of patient care staff. Establishes relationships and partnerships with educational institutions to ensure a steady supply of graduate recruits and a vehicle for nurses seeking to enhance their education and training.
- Supports new strategic initiatives and new clinical program development. Oversees all nursing research and development of improvements in clinical practice. Contributes to the development of evidence based practice for delivery of patient care services. Ensures nursing competency and organized in-service education program for all patient care areas. Ensures all elements of competency validation for patient care personnel other than registered nurses.
- Actively participates in the development and implementation of strategic plans, operational goals and objectives, and business initiatives by ensuring facility-specific contribution and alignment. Demonstrates strategic thinking in planning, implementing and evaluating programs tied to future growth of the clinical operations, development of new product lines, and revenue enhancement. Develops and executes short- and long-term goals for the department consistent with established organizational goals and objectives.
Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master's degree in Nursing, Business, or related field (if not, then actively in progress) required.
Minimum Experience: Previous experience as a Nursing Director or ACNO preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Three (3) years of experience in nursing leadership in an acute care hospital required. Active, current, and unencumbered Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California required. AHA Basic Life Support, Current Management of Assaultive Behavior Certification (within first 30 days of employment) and Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: ACNO, Administration, Acute Care, Executive
Apply on company website