Dealership: L0238 Southern Cascade Finance
DFC Bankruptcy Analyst
The DFC Bankruptcy Analyst will coordinate the handling of consumer loans in bankruptcy by updating loan information to reflect appropriate status, facilitate transfer of loan information to bankruptcy vendor, and communicate with internal operations regarding loan statuses.
The DFC Bankruptcy Analyst reports to the DFC Collateral Supervisor.
- Timely update of account information for customers protected by bankruptcy and notify Collateral Management team of any repossession related updates
- Monitor any bankruptcy correspondence and enter into the system ensuring appropriate action is taken.
- Monitor all aspects of outsourcing firm and report performance/issues to management.
- Process file when a bankruptcy is dismissed, stay lifted, or the loan has reinstated.
- Coordinate with outsourcing firm to ensure all information necessary to conduct the bankruptcy action is received.
- Review and respond to interdepartmental tasks timely.
- Monitor PACER and update account information related to customer bankruptcy, including discharge or dismissal, confirmation of plan, reaffirmation of loan. Maintain the customer loan record accurately according to these scenarios.
- Ensure contract cancellations are processed in a timely manner when applicable. Facilitate the final disposition of the loan according to the bankruptcy court requirements.
- Communicate with consumer attorneys and United States Bankruptcy Court Trustees from time-to-time
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years experience in auto loan default and bankruptcy preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Excellent communication
- PC skills including knowledge and use of MS Office (Excel, Word, Windows, etc.)
- Does the right thing, takes action and adapts to change
- Self-motivates, believes in accountability, focuses on results, makes plans and follows through
- Believes in humility, shares best practices, desires to keep learning, measures performance and adapts to improve results
- Thrives on a team, stays positive, lives our values
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.*
- Up to 1/3 of time: standing, walking, lifting up to 25 pounds
- Up to 2/3 of time: sitting, kneeling, reaching, talking, hearing
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed.We offer best in class industry benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Lithia Learning Center
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Wellness Programs
High School graduate or equivalent, 18 years or older required. Acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license in your state of residence necessary for select roles. We are a drug free workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity (regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status). We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Apply on company website