- Greets arriving vehicles, offers wheelchair assistance to the arriving patient and provides directions to the nearest parking garage to the Valet Attendant
- Clears the drive of vehicles or contacts public safety if a patient has driven on their own and unable to move their car due to the emergency situation.
- Assists patients from discharge to the drive while the Valet Attendant retrieves their vehicle from the garage.
- Collects, re-stocks and cleans wheelchairs between patients.
- Transports patients to other parts of the hospital campus when necessary.
- Responsible for being at work every scheduled day, on time and in uniform.
- Courteously assist customers by answering any questions they may have. If necessary, direct the customer to the Facility Manager for further assistance.
- Control traffic at entrances and exits as needed.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the Facility Manager.
- Communicate debris, water, oil spills and etc. to garage office.
- Substitute for Valet Attendants when necessary, if authorized.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all areas of the garage, thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the garage.
- Assist Facility Manager with other duties as needed.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience Required: Less than High School education or one month related experience, training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
License Requirement: The employee will be required to have and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license with a current address and acceptable driving record.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be a requirement.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the company.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
Appearance: Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to handle cash and equipment. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Apply on company website