Basic Function: Customer Service Representatives are responsible for ensuring the highest quality customer service when interacting with customers.
- In a professional and service related manner, meets and greets airport patrons at loading platform and provides assistance with baggage, information and directions associated with the operation and other airport services provided.
- Communicates with Dispatcher and/or Supervisor on matters related to the operation and facilitation of service for the traveling public.
- Maintains orderly queuing and boards passengers according to designed procedures.
- Assists in providing timely rotation of buses through utilization of orderly passenger queuing techniques.
- Maintains open line of communication with patrons and provides timely updates of information.
- Completes reports related to type of assistance provided.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Required: High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of experience and education
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required.
License Requirement: The individual will only be required to have and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license, with a current address and acceptable driving record, if the individual is expected to be able to drive a company vehicle or drive on company business.
Language skills: Ability to read, write and interpret the English language. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, supervisors and other employees of the organization.
Reasoning ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but standard written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- The exposure level in the work environment to vehicle emissions is moderate to high
- The exposure level in the work environment to extreme hot/cold temperatures is moderate to high.
- The work environment is subject to all weather conditions including, but not limited to, precipitation and wind.
- The exposure level in the work environment to bright sunlight and nighttime working conditions is high.
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Apply on company website