Basic function: Monitor the tollway for accurate transactions and equipment functionality. Utilizes a quality customer service orientation to answer phone calls from stranded patrons and dispatch roadside assistance.
- Know all areas surrounding the toll road in order to assess location of drivers requesting motorist assistance
- Provide public information regarding toll tags, directions and location of the toll road customer service center
- Monitor the toll management system, including all software and hardware required to carry out scope, including but not limited to system data collection, electronic toll lane checks, lane closures
- Respond to emergency situations
- Submit work orders and maintain associated tracking logs
- Monitor building security
- Maintains cleanliness of work space
- Arrives to work on time and in uniform for all scheduled shifts
- Performs other duties as assigned by on-site supervisors or managers
Education/Experience Required: High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of experience and education
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Excel, Word and PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and interpret the English language.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all areas and landmarks surrounding toll roads in order to provide directions to motorists.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Ability to maintain a calm, pleasant and mannerly demeanor when speaking with the public.
- Ability to effectively respond to customer problems or complaints. Superior communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must be proactive with strong personal drive and proven customer service skills and must be willing to lead by example.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, supervisors and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but standard written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to follow well-defined methods and procedures.
- Ability to perform accurate work in a timely manner.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate.
- The exposure level in the work environment to vehicle emissions is minimal.
- The exposure level in the work environment to extreme hot/cold temperatures is minimal.
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use a computer keyboard. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Apply on company website